For Principal Contractors
Principal Contractors are the main or managing contractor appointed to coordinate the construction phase of a project.
A Principal Contractor must be appointed in writing by the Client if the project is likely to involve more than one contractor.
Principal Contractors have duties to plan, manage and monitor the construction phase of a project. These duties include:
- liaising with the Client and Principal Designer;
- preparing the Construction Phase Plan;
- organising work between contractors;
- providing suitable site inductions;
- Securing the construction site;
- Consulting with workers and engaging them in factors affecting their health and safety;
- providing welfare facilities;
We have a team of construction safety professionals who can ensure your sites are safe and follow good practice and that your documentation is compliant. See our competent person menu for more information.